It’s the most wonderful time of year! Christmas and New Years are around the corner and tis’ the season for festive get togethers, Holiday parties, and New Years Eve celebrations. What better way to get in the Holiday spirit then with a quick DIY holiday hair flower to add that extra dazzle to your festive ensemble.
Team HWR artist Kristina Kupcake gives you step by step instructions in our newest vlog on how to create beautiful yet simple and affordable holiday hair flowers to complete your look!
Quick DIY Holiday Hair Flowers
Items you’ll need
- Holiday flowers, garland, berries and rhinestones – available at 99 cent stores, Michaels, Walmart, Target etc
- Silver duck bill clip
- Hot glue gun or E3000
- Wire Cutters or Scissors
– Remove the clip from your main flower if necessary by twisting and then removing with wire cutters.
– Take a piece of garland and add glue to the steam. Place the garland underneath one of the top leaves and hold down for a fews second to secure.
– Time for berries! Remove a few of the berries at the end to expose the steam. Add glue to the steam, and position the berries underneath the top leaves of the poinsettia next to the garland. Hold down firmly for a few moments to secure.
– Once your accents are dry, start placing your rhinestones how you’d like them on your flower. This is where you can get creative and add some extra sparkle.Once you’re happy with the placement, add small dots of glue on to the flower one at a time, and then using your tweezers place your rhinestone on the glue. Pressing firmly to secure the rhinestone to the flower. Remember to apply the glue and rhinestone one at a time so the glue doesn’t dry out.
– Once dry, take your flower in front of a mirror and play around with placement. Move the flower around your face in different positions to see which works best. This will help determine where to place the clip.
– Glue the top of the clip down onto the desired position onto the flower, glueing around the perimeter of the clip as well. Press firmly to secure the clip to the flower for about 10 seconds.
– If there are any loose underneath flowers, glue those to the top flowers so the hair flower will stay in place.
– Let dry and you’re ready to dazzle at your next Holiday party!
– For heavy duty, long lasting flowers use E3000. A hot glue gun works great and is perfect for creating quick and simple hair flowers.
– Get creative! The sky is the limit for the different combinations you can achieve. There are so many options at your local 99 cent store, $20 can go a long way. If you aren’t happy the first time, try again!
Thanks for watching! Tag #HWRHolidayFlowers with your creations on Instagram for a chance to be featured!